TERRY McDONALD (Managing Director)
BSc Civil Engineering
Fellow of Institute of Civil Engineers
Member, British Tunnelling Society
Member, International Tunnelling Association
Terry has over 35 years of construction projects experience all delivered within budget and on time. He has an extensive London tunnelling pedigree matched with his experience overseas. Over these last 35 years Terry has project managed many billions of pounds of construction projects including a wealth of major tunnelling infrastructure schemes for highways, railways, metros, water supply and sewerage establishing him one of the most regarded and trusted of the tunnelling fraternity. His attributes in recent times include the Delivery of Olympic Cable Tunnel Project on behalf of the ODA which was completed under budget, within programme and in half the time of the industry norm, and during CTRL as Project Director, responsible for four Joint Ventures and nine contractors, turned around London Tunnels Alliance project from severe over-run to early completion under budget with an honest approach and exceptional negotiation and management skills.
Terry’s key proven skills which he will bring as Project Director will be:
- Project management of high value infrastructure schemes
- Managing stakeholder involvement including contractors, designers and clients to achieve successful delivery through collaborative working.
- Expert organisational and management skills proven to result in complex infrastructure projects keeping within programme and to budget.
- Construction and safe tunnelling techniques creating the ability to successfully deliver major infrastructure and tunnelling projects within the physical and regulatory environment of London
- Straightforward approach to communicating, organising, implementing, logistics, checking and delivery ensures that work adheres to programme
- Knowledge of London with extensive recent experience of tunnelling infrastructure projects in and around the Capital, including CTRL, Jubilee Line Extension and ODA Cable tunnels projects, as well as tunnelling projects in sewerage and power
Co- Founder and Managing Director: Cerida Consulting Ltd (2000 – 2009) - Co-owner of specialist tunnelling consultant providing planning and implementation advice and high level management, personally including:
Advisor: Thames Tideway Tunnel Project. (March 2008 – January 2010)
Project Director: London Development Agency and ODA – Olympic Cable Tunnel project (2005 – 2009)
Specialist Director: Thames Tideway Project, Thames Water. (2007)
& Owner: Fitzpatrick International (1997 –
1999) - Successful bid and carried out the construction of the
Presidential Contract in Kazakhstan.
Director: Balfour Beatty International (1972 – 1997) - Became Director of Balfour Beatty International in 1990 responsible for large scale infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas