HEAD OF PROJECT CONTROLS
Paul has a wealth of experience gained in the leadership of large multi-disciplinary engineering projects spanning across numerous industries, including Air, Rail, Highways and commercial developments in the UK and overseas. Paul has a qualified academic background aligned with real experience gained in leading major programmes of work against aggressive timescales, with limited resources and a finite budget.
Paul has over 20 years experience gained in all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects, from conceptual design and budget feasibility through implementation to major commissionings.
Noteable projects include:
- Crossrail – Project Controls Manager
- Ballylumford Power Station – Asset Management
- Thameslink Programme – Programme Manager
- East London Line – Programme Manager
- Bridge 19 demolition and rebuild
- London 2012 Olympics – Head of Strategic Planning
- Barajas Airport, Madrid – Principal Consultant
- Dublin Area Rapid Transport – Risk Advisor
- TPWS+ - Senior Project Manager
- Engineering Efficient Access – Programme Manager
These have see Paul undertake programme and portfolio management of large multi-disciplinary schemes in UK and overseas, corporate and project risk management, commercial management, leadership of multi-disciplinary teams, structural engineering design and assessment, railway systems engineering, logistics planning and management, railway possession and isolation planning, tunnelling design, strategic technical advice. programme planning, tender preparation and contract negotiation.
Paul is an Incorporated Engineer and a member of the Institute of Engineering Designers and the Association of Project Managers.