RAIL INTERFACE LEGAL & TECHNICAL
Paul has 25 years of experience in the construction of large multidisciplinary engineering projects, under, over and adjacent to operational railways with a strong leaning towards tunnelling.
With a very keen eye on planning and procurement processes Paul’s strength lies in his ability to develop and negotiate legal agreements for asset protection and implementation with the various rail operating bodies and to then steer projects through the technical approvals processes with their incumbent times.
Notable projects include:
- 2012 Olympics – Construction of 13 rail over bridges, 14 under track crossings, 2 road lowerings, 5 retaining walls and 8 major buildings for the Athletes Village
- Powerlines undergrounding (PLUG) – Construction of tunnels beneath the railways and subsequent dismantling of the powerlines over live operational railways
- West Coast Route Modernisation – Route 12 Tunnel refurbishment works
- CTRL – Author of strategies for large bore tunnels beneath 17km of live operational railways and associated shaft construction adjacent to the railway
- LUL – Bank Branch Improvements, Northern Line project
- DLR – Lewisham Extension
- LUL – Jubilee Line Extension, Waterloo and Westminster
- Limehouse Link Tunnel
Paul has a qualified academic background and is a member of the Permanent Way Institute.