HEAD OF PROJECT CONTROLS
Chartered Engineer (1996)
BSc in Civil Engineering (1984)
Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (1990)Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (1989)
Drew is a highly self motivated and successful Civil Engineer specialising in both the management, successful implementation and completion of infrastructure and tunnelling projects. He is a specialist in specific “turn key” projects requiring a high degree of strategic planning and has headed up teams that have delivered small and large projects on time and budget. He pro-actively managed and motivated a highly successful team involved with the construction that completed the DLR southern leg extension, with responsibilities on all technical aspects involving civils, tunnels, trackwork, station construction and problem solving.
Drew’s credentials include:
- Successful delivery of fast track projects to
time and within budget, as evidenced by delivery of the DLR London City
Airport and Lewisham Extension, together with recent LU and Network Rail
- Understanding of the complexities of working with multiple stakeholders including rail companies and rail operators in London and the UK, having worked for both clients and contractors
- Leadership and respect for teams, driving projects through encouragement and team interaction, incorporating both internal and external resources
- Track record of coordination and strategic planning of fast track projects in highly regulated environments
- Communication skills, used to manage high level stakeholders within client organisations and government
- Excellent track record of Project and Programme Management
Director: Tunnelling Ltd (2010 - present) - Specialist UK based tunnelling consultancy involved in the management and contract implementation of major infrastructure projects worldwide.
Director (Rail): Capita Symonds (2006 - 2010) - Specialising in Project Management, Project Delivery & Station Design
Project Director: London City Airport & commencing Woolwich DLR Extension, DLR (2000 - 2006) - Responsible for delivering London City Airport and commencing the Woolwich DLR extension and the award winning Heron Quays Station.
Senior Project Manager: London Underground (1998 - 2000) - Responsible for management of asset engineers coordinating the commissioning of the £5bn Jubile Line extension
Consultant: Mowlem Special Projects & Civil Engineering (1995 - 1998) - Specialising in Construction planning, Railway liaison, Design, Railtrack Management, Risk Analysis and Quality
Independent Consultant (1986 - 1995) - Specialising in Project Management & Engineering consultancy for major contractors including Balfour Beatty, Mowlem, Amec and Miller Construction on tunnelling including the Channel Tunnel and Dudley service tunnels.